Our External team is the driving force behind the scene that enables our projects and team through; securing funding through grants/proposals, developing new relationships with potential business advisors, and operating small for-profit businesses. We’re a group of scrappy, highly driven, performance focused individuals who ensure that the rest of our team has all the resources that they need in order to help make our community a better place.
The External team's goals this year include:
- Developing a competition fund to help our team pay for the 3 major competitions we attend every school year.
- Securing at least one community partner for every single one of our projects, and VP teams.
- Secure $10k in external sponsorship from community partners you develop relationships with.
Working on business development & external relations, you will need to develop and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Enactus uOttawa’s projects, enterprises and value-added activities for sponsors and donors, in support of priority fundraising initiatives.
This role is perfect for someone that is well spoken, enjoys meeting new individuals, can strike up a conversation with anyone, and is able to listen attentively & adapt to partner’s changing needs.
YOU’LL NEED TO:
- Have a strong business mindset
- Be able to have multiple projects on the go at one time
- Be well spoken & presentable
- Have good time management & organization
IT’D BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
- A strong network of business professionals
- Experience working in sales/partnership building
- Experience with ‘cold reach outs’
YOU’LL BE WORKING ON THINGS LIKE:
- Developing and executing a partner strategy to drive partnerships with high-growth companies in Ottawa and other cities across Canada.
- Engaging business advisors, and getting them excited about Enactus
- Working with community partners to hold recruitment events with uOttawa students
- Representing Enactus at partner and industry events
- Writing customized sponsorship proposals