Tower Gardens is a social enterprise aimed towards inspiring and educating youth about issues concerning food insecurity and the importance of healthy diets consisting of fresh produce across Canada. With the use of advanced hydroponic technology, Tower Gardens provides youth with the opportunity to participate in hands-on workshops that focus on nutrition education, entrepreneurship and indigenous studies.
Goals of the Tower Gardens team include:
- Create meaningful long-term relationships through growing and maintaining current client partnerships.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including public figures, health authorities, and non-profit organizations.
- Expand our network of hydroponic towers across the Southern and Northern Canadian regions to continue to raise awareness of the growing issue of food insecurity across Canada.
The Tower Gardens Logistics Coordinator role coordinates all the details that go into making the Tower Gardens program run smoothly. This role entails ensuring that any arrangements for presenters, schools, and partnered organizations have been made. The role provides plenty of opportunity for problem solving and collaboration as you ensure that all Tower Gardens operations run without a hitch. The role also provides plenty of opportunity for creativity in your work when coordinating events and solving problems.
YOU'LL NEED TO:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Be a proactive worker.
- Have a great attitude towards learning and trying new things.
- Be dedicated and passionate for your work and team.
- Have great organization and problem-solving skills.
IT’D BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience event coordination or logistics.
- Experience working with Northern or Indigenous communities.
- Communication skills in both French and English.