Our External team is the driving force behind the scene that enables our projects and team through; securing funding through grants/proposals, developing new relationships with potential business advisors, and operating small for-profit businesses. We’re a group of scrappy, highly driven, performance focused individuals who ensure that the rest of our team has all the resources that they need in order to help make our community a better place.
The External team's goals this year include:
1. Developing a competition fund to help our team pay for the 3 major competitions we attend every school year.
2. Securing at least one community partner for every single one of our projects, and VP teams.
3. Launch a minimum of 3 new ventures. These are the small businesses that our team operates year-round in order to help fund all of our endeavours
As Logistics Coordinator, you will be responsible for planning multiple recruitment events over the course of the school year. You will be managing relationships with our sponsors and partners to ensure that each event exceeds their expectations. In addition, you will be responsible for assisting the rest of the external team coordinate our other initiatives including: coordinating venture’s products, and helping our grant writers/business development team members further their relationships and ideas.
This role is perfect for someone that enjoys coordinating events. is highly organized and dependable and is motivated by fundraising for charity.
YOU’LL NEED TO:
- Be able to work on multiple projects on the go
- Be able to dream big and take on challenges
- Be driven by exceeding expectations whether you’re motivated by raising money for our community projects or you’re doing it for the relationship management/logistics experience
IT’D BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
- Event planning experience
- A strong network of business professionals
- A high attention to detail
YOU’LL BE WORKING ON THINGS LIKE:
- Planning recruitment or other events
- Finding new opportunities for existing projects
- Driving community engagement
- Coordinating collaboration between all of our external team’s members.
Come prepared with a breakdown of a recruitment event you would plan for a community partner. We will need a schedule, and general outline of what will go on at the event (pretend you’re providing this information to the company sponsoring the event). Please prepare 3 possible problems you anticipate running in to, and be able to explain how you would overcome them.