Our External team is the driving force behind the scene that enables our projects and team by; securing funding through grants/proposals, developing new relationships with potential business advisors, and operating small for-profit businesses. We’re a group of scrappy, highly driven, performance focused individuals who ensure that the rest of our team has all the resources that they need in order to help make our community a better place.
The External Team's goals this year include:
1. Developing a competition fund to help our team pay for the 3 major competitions we attend every school year.
2. Securing at least one advisor for every single one of our projects, and VP teams.
3. Launch a minimum of 3 new ventures. These are the small businesses that our team operates year-round in order to help fund all of our endeavours.
YOU’LL HAVE TO HAVE:
- Initiative, and lots of it
- A ‘win-win’ mentality to partnerships
- An attention to detail
- A never quit attitude, and the ability to take criticism and learn from it.
IT’D BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
- Sales or business development experience
- Experience with ‘cold reach outs’
YOU’LL BE DOING THINGS LIKE:
- Developing and executing a partner strategy to drive partnerships with high-growth companies in Ottawa and other cities across Canada.
- Engaging business advisors and getting them excited about Enactus
- Working with community partners to hold recruitment events with uOttawa students
- Representing Enactus at partner and industry events
Come prepared to cold-call a ‘random’ business executive, and try to engage them to partner with our team – you’ll essentially be selling Enactus uOttawa.