Tower Gardens is a social enterprise aimed towards inspiring and educating youth about issues concerning food insecurity and the importance of healthy diets consisting of fresh produce across Canada. With the use of advanced hydroponic technology, Tower Gardens provides youth with the opportunity to participate in hands-on workshops that focus on nutrition education, entrepreneurship and indigenous studies.
Goals of the Tower Gardens team include:
- Create meaningful long-term relationships through growing and maintaining current client partnerships.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including public figures, health authorities, and non-profit organizations.
- Expand our network of hydroponic towers across the Southern and Northern Canadian regions to continue to raise awareness of the growing issue of food insecurity across Canada.
YOU'LL NEED TO:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Be a proactive worker.
- Have a great attitude towards learning and trying new things.
- Be dedicated and passionate for your work and team.
- Have great organization and time management skills.
IT’D BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience in sales and/or business development.
- Understanding of hydroponics technology.
- Experience working with Northern or Indigenous communities.
- Proposal and/or grant writing experience.
- Communication skills in both French and English.
YOU’LL BE WORKING ON THINGS LIKE:
- Expanding the Tower Gardens program to more individuals and communities across Canada (including schools, community centers, etc.).
- Connecting with current community partners for funding opportunities as well as seeking out other grant and sponsorship possibilities
- Reaching out to specialists to build relationships to gain knowledge and other resources about food insecurity and growth opportunities.
- Working closely with schools and community partners to create tailored products and services.