Tower Gardens is a social enterprise aimed towards inspiring and educating youth about issues concerning food insecurity and the importance of healthy diets consisting of fresh produce across Canada. With the use of advanced hydroponic technology, Tower Gardens provides youth with the opportunity to participate in hands-on workshops that focus on nutrition education, entrepreneurship and indigenous studies.
Goals of the Tower Gardens team include:
- Create meaningful long-term relationships through growing and maintaining current client partnerships.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including public figures, health authorities, and non-profit organizations.
- Expand our network of hydroponic towers across the Southern and Northern Canadian regions to continue to raise awareness of the growing issue of food insecurity across Canada.
YOU'LL NEED TO:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Be a proactive worker.
- Have a great attitude towards learning and trying new things.
- Be dedicated and passionate to your work and team.
- Have great organization and time management skills.
IT’D BE GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with marketing and/or working in an educational environment.
- Understanding of hydroponics technology.
- Experience working with Northern or Indigenous communities.
- Passion for building educational tools and curriculum for youth.
- Communication skills in both French and English.
YOU’LL BE WORKING ON THINGS LIKE:
- Ensuring the health and maintenance of towers currently installed across the region.
- Help develop marketing campaigns to raise awareness about food insecurity in the North across Ottawa, and on the larger scale of Canada as a whole.
- Connecting with the projects current community partners while also reaching out to new ones that can improve our curriculum and offering.
- Improving current curriculum and workshop tools in relationship with Project FLY