Sprout is an innovative food initiative that seeks to bring accessible healthy food options and healthy food education to food desserts across Ottawa. Through selling produce in corner stores already in place in communities and using the space to provide the food within walking distance of residents' homes. We work closely with Ottawa Public Health and working towards a more equitable world in terms of Canada's food security right here at home.
The Sprout team's goals this year include:
- Developing a set of recipes that can be conveniently and affordably prepared using foods stocked in our participating convenience stores
- Building partnerships with local farmers and farmers' cooperatives, public health authorities, and nonprofit partners that work with our target clientele (i.e. the Food Bank, food pantries and soup kitchens)
- Launching the program in more convenient stores, potentially identifying a franchise chain that would be interested in the project
You’ll need to:
- Understand and have an eye for good (great) design
- Have in depth knowledge of Photoshop
- Be a hustler (late nights will become your friend)
It'd be great if you have:
- Experience with branding
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Marketing experience
YOU’LL BE WORKING ON THINGS LIKE:
- Branding and promoting the Sprout stores and marketing campaigns.
- Packaging/Banners/Posters (highly visible material)